Paragraph 1 General Provision
Article 1 (Purpose)
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the terms and conditions of electronic commerce provided by The Investor (http://www.theinvestor.co.kr and m.theinvestor.co.kr, hereinafter "The Investor") operated by the Herald Corporation (Hereinafter referred to as "the Company"). The purpose of this section is to define the rights, obligations and other necessary matters between the member and the company as well as the responsibility and the procedures for using the member's services.
Article 2 (Definition of terms)
(1) Terms used are defined as follows.
① The Investor: An operational website containing economic news content or related paid contents and an e-commerce platform.
② Users: Members and non-members who receive services provided by the Company in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
③ Members: Individuals or businesses who have registered as a member through the registration procedure set by the Company. These individuals are continuously provided with Company information and can use the services provided by the Company. A member is divided into a paid member and a free member (a member whose paid period has expired) as follows.
A) Paid Members: Members who are able to use paid content provided by The Investor, and are 14 years of age or older (including foreign residents living in Korea or overseas)
B) Free membership: Members who have exhausted the period of use
④ Non-members: Those who use the services provided by the company without membership.
⑤ Password: A combination of English alphabet and number registered by the member himself / herself in order to check the member's identity and provide security.
⑥ Operator: A person selected by the company for overall management and operation of services provided by the company.
⑦ Buyer: A person who purchases merchandise from a seller registered with the company. The paid member, free member, and non-member are eligible to purchase.
⑧ Period of Use : This is the period when the buyer must indicate the end of purchase (confirmation of purchase, return, exchange) with respect to the transaction, and the day when it becomes 7 days from the receipt date of the item and5 days from the date the company requests the receipt of the goods receipt).
⑨ Business Days: The days on which the Company normally provides service, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays.
(2) The meaning of any term not defined in Paragraph 1 shall be governed by the relevant laws and general trading practices of the Republic of Korea.
Article 3 (Scope of Application and Priority)
(1) In this Agreement, Paragraph 1 (General), Paragraph 4 (Other) applies to the whole service and Paragraph 2 applies separately to the DECODED X (paid content) service.
(2) In the event of a conflict between the provisions of Paragraph 1 and 4 and the provisions of Paragraph 2 and 3 of the individual services, the provisions relating to individual services (Paragraph 2 and 3) Paragraph 4) has a higher priority.
(3) All legal matters and restrictions referred to in these Terms and Conditions are based on the laws of the Republic of Korea and take precedence over the laws of the country of user.
Article 4 (Specification, Effect and Change of Terms)
(1) The company shall post on the first page of the web site (http://www.theinvestor.co.kr) where the company's service is provided so that the user can know the defined terms
(3) By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to regularly visit the website operated by the Company to confirm the changes of the Terms. The Company shall not be held responsible for the damage caused by members or users who do not know the changed information.
(4) A member who does not agree with the modified terms may request withdrawal of the membership (termination of the contract of use), and if the company does not show the intention to refuse the user according to Paragraph 2 and the member does not express its intention to refuse the change in the terms, the Company will be deemed to have agreed to the changed terms.
Article 5 (Terms and Rules)
(1) Items not mentioned in these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the provisions of the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea, such as the Consumer Protection Act in electronic commerce and other similar practices of the Republic of Korea.
(2) The Company may, if necessary, designate matters to be applied to a specific service (hereinafter referred to as "individual terms")
(3) The Company may, if necessary, determine the details (hereinafter referred to as the "Use Policy") related to the use of the Service and notify it through The Investor.
(4) If there is a change in the individual terms or the usage policy, the Company will notify the change through The Investor 7 days prior to the effective date of the change.
(5) Members shall always be aware of whether there is any change in the contents of the individual terms or policies, and if any changes are notified, they shall be confirmed.
Article 6 (Establishment of User Contract)
(1) The user agreement (hereinafter referred to as the "user agreement") regarding the services provided by the company shall be established by the company's approval of the application for use by the person who intends to use the service. Users need to indicate their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by filling out the necessary information in each item required according to the membership application form.
(2) The time of establishment of the membership shall be the time when the company's consent to use the service reaches the applicant by posting on the service screen, by email or other methods.
(3) Anyone over 14 years of age can apply for membership, regardless of nationality.
(4) Members can create and use multiple accounts, but it is best to use one account for each person.
(5) Members who rejoin after terminating (including termination) the use contract cannot use the email that they had previously used at the time of last use, and need create and use an account with new email.
(6) After withdrawal, it is necessary to repeat the membership reinstatement and arbitrary termination. It is prohibited to register with a large number of accounts, to receive the economic benefits by various services and benefits provided by the company, and to use unauthorized persons in this process. In order to block illegal members, the Company may allow only a limited number of services for the account with the largest number of accounts, and refuse to subscribe to the service if the membership is less than one month after the withdrawal.
Article 7 (Change, Protection of Personal Information)
(1) If the items listed at the time of application are changed, the member must correct the changes by modifying the member information within a considerable period. However, members cannot change anything that is permanent, such as name, date of birth, and date of birth.
(2) Damage caused by unauthorized information shall be borne by the member, and the Company shall have no responsibility for such damages.
(3) The Company shall not use the user's information for any purpose other than to provide the service or provide it to a third party without the consent of the user. However, except in cases where the relevant laws and ordinances stipulate otherwise.
(4) The Company shall endeavor to protect the personal information of the user as stipulated by the relevant laws and ordinances, establish a policy to protect the personal information of the user, and designate the person in charge of personal information protection and post it.
(5) The protection of the user's personal information shall be in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations and the personal information policy set by the company.
(6) When the transaction is concluded through the services provided by The Investor, the Company may provide personal information to the payment agency and other necessary companies within the scope necessary for the execution of the transaction and delivery.
Article 8 (Application for Service Use)
(1) Anyone who wishes to subscribe to and use the services provided by the Company shall provide the necessary information in accordance with the membership application form provided by the Company. Membership form is divided into mandatory item and optional item. Required items must be filled in.
(2) Required items of the member: Please include the items of email address, password, name, country of residence and date of birth.
(3) The Company may request additional information (e.g., gender, telephone number, etc.) other than the essential items indicated in Paragraph 1 or Paragraph 2 when subscribing to the User, and the applicant may refuse to provide such additional information. Additional information is only used to provide various and informative information to members, and cannot be used for any other purpose.
(4) The Company may confirm to all members whether they have received email or SMS (text message), agreeing to provide and use personal information to the affiliated companies and the personal information trust management company.
Article 9 (acceptance of application, refusal, reservation)
(1) The Company shall, in principle, accurately describe the items set forth in Article 8 of this Agreement and agree to the use of the Services for the applications made by those who have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
(2) The company will not proceed with the identity verification process separately, but may ask the applicant for proof of identity if necessary
(3) The company may refuse to accept the application for any of the following reasons.
① If the applicant is under the age of 14
② If the applicant is found not to be the person he or she claims to be
③ If there are any false, missing, etc. information in the application, contents
④ When the applicant applies for reuse within one month from the date of termination of use contract
⑤ If a member who has received a suspension of membership from the Company voluntarily terminates the use contract and applies for re-use during the period of the action (even if re-use is allowed for the individual purchasing member, If the fact is confirmed, the contract of use of the ID may be canceled)
⑥ If it is confirmed that the application is illegal or illegally using it in violation of this agreement
(4) The Company may reserve the acceptance of the application for use if it has any of the following reasons. At this time, the Company shall notify the applicant of the posting of the reasons for reservation of acceptance, availability of approval or additional information required for approval or information related to the reservation, such as materials, on the service screen or by email.
1. If there is over capacity
2. If there are technical difficulties
3. If other companies consider it necessary by reasonable judgment
Article 10 (Termination of Use Contract)
(1) Members may terminate the use agreement as set forth in the following subparagraphs:
① The member may terminate the contract at any time by notifying the company of the intention of termination. However, the disadvantage caused by withdrawal or cancellation of the transaction must be borne by the member himself. In addition, if the member does not fully fulfill the obligations to the company (service benefits, etc.), the company may limit the termination of the membership contract until the member fulfills all of the obligations, If the use is suspended due to a violation, the Company may restrict the termination of the User's use contract to prevent recurrence
② When the Company terminates the membership, the Company shall notify the Member of its intention to terminate by e-mail, telephone, fax or other methods. For the sake of the safety of the transaction, the Company may notify the Member Accounts that the Member is identified as having the same owner to cancel. The contract of use ends when you notify the member of the intention to terminate the company.
③ After membership termination, if he / she repeatedly performs membership re-entry and arbitrary termination to receive economic benefits such as various services and benefits provided by the Company, or use unauthorized use of the name in this process, the Company shall allow the member to re-enter within one month from the date of withdrawal from membership, and the Member shall notify the Company of the intention to reuse notified in accordance with the membership procedure and related provisions stipulated in this Agreement, can be reused. Personal information such as e-mail, name, resident country, nationality, date of withdrawal, reasons for withdrawal, etc. are kept for one month after membership withdrawal to prevent illegal acts and illegal activities in this process.
(2) The Company may terminate the use agreement as set forth in the following subparagraphs:
① The Company may terminate the use contract when the reason for one of the following items occurs or is confirmed to the member.
A) Violation of the rights or honor, credit or other legitimate interests of other members, • the company (including employees or agents), or engages in any act that is contrary to the laws or public order of the Republic of Korea
B) If the user attempts to or interferes with the progress of the service with acts such as below.
a. Ratification without rationale, malicious objection
b. Continuous cancellation and reinstatement even when there are no special defects in purchased goods or services.
c. In case of violation of the rules of safe trading usage set by the Company
C) If the user intentionally interferes with the Company’s business or register a non-conforming product
D) If a member commits an act that is contrary to this agreement or a reason for termination as defined in this agreement
E) If the member is found to have a reason for refusing to accept the contract of use set forth in Article 9
② When the Company terminates membership, the Company shall notify the member of its intention to terminate by email, telephone, fax or other method. The contract ends when the company's cancellation intention reaches the member. However, in the case of notice of cancellation via email, the point of dispatch is considered as that point of arrival.
③ Even if the Company terminates the use agreement pursuant to this paragraph, this Agreement shall continue to apply to the completion of the sales agreement already concluded before the termination.
④ When the use contract is terminated as set forth in this paragraph, the Company may cancel the advertisement and transaction related to the member without any notice. If the purchaser has paid the purchase price by credit card, the member can collect the benefits accordingly.
⑤ If the use contract is terminated as set forth in this paragraph, the company may refuse to accept the application for reuse of the member.
(3) In the case of damages incurred in connection with the termination of the contract of use, the member whose contract has been terminated shall be liable for his own reasons and the company shall not be held responsible for the cause of the contract.
Article 11 (Membership Management)
(1) The Company may take the following measures against members who violate these Terms and the related laws and general principles of commercial transactions.
① Collection of some or all of the additional benefits that the company provided
② Termination of the user contract
③ Claim for damages
(2) When the Company makes the measures set forth in Paragraph 1, the Company shall notify the Member in advance by telephone or email. However if the member is unreachable the Company can take action first and then notify the members.
(3) A member may make a defense of the Company's actions under this article if there is a ground for a defense.
(4) If the member has not logged in for more than one year, the Company may consider it to be a dormant account and restrict the use of services provided by the Company. If you want to use the service again after it has been designated as a dormant account, you must follow the procedures for self-identification that are set by the Company
Article 12 (Terms and Termination of Service)
(1) The term of service for member is from the day of submitting the service to The Investor to the end of the service use contract from the day of acceptance of use.
(2) The Company may temporarily suspend the service and notify its members if any reason such as maintenance, inspection, replacement, breakdown of communication, or interruption of communication facilities such as computer is suspended.
(3) The Company may limit or suspend the provision of services if it cannot provide services due to natural disasters or intervention concerning a superior force.
Article 13 (Service Fee)
(1) The Company may charge a fee when providing certain services or functions of The Investor.
(2) For a paid member who uses the "DECODED X" service (a service that allows users to receive the contents of DECODED X via e-mail during the period of use of the product selected by paying for membership through subscription) the paid service fee is used for the service. .
(3) The fee for the use of this service shall be as set forth in this Article and in the individual terms or separate online application
Article 14 (Copyright Policy)
(1) The company establishes and operates a policy for copyright protection of the copyright holder in relation to the service provided, and the member must aware the copyright policy of the company.
(2) The members own the copyrights of the various postings made by the members using the services provided by the company, and all responsibility for civil and criminal matters including the copyright infringement of the post is the member's own responsibility.
(3) The Company may disclose the member's registered posts to the search site or other sites, and may use the promotions and other materials free of charge. Member are also allowed to reproduce, display, transmit and distribute member posts within the services provided by the Company, and may make derivative works and edited assets. However, if a member who has registered the post requests deletion or suspension of the post, the company will immediately delete or discontinue use, except as required by applicable law.
(4) The license of the company referred to in paragraph 3 of this article is only valid for the duration of The Investor Service.
(5) When the Company intends to use the member's post for commercial purposes other than the provisions of Paragraph 3, the member must obtain the consent of the member in advance by telephone, fax or email. The Company may operate a separate compensation system when the Company commercially uses the member's posts pursuant to this section.
(6) The copyrights and intellectual property rights of the works created by the company belong to the company.
(7) Members will be held responsible for the reproduction, transmission, publishing, distribution, broadcasting, and other use of information obtained from The Investor without the consent of the Company or for use by third parties.
(8) If a member infringes his or her copyright in The Investor, he / she may protect his / her legitimate rights by filing a complaint through person's contact information posted on the Contact us service.
(9) When the content of the post contains the contents of each of the following items, the Company may delete the post or take measures such as restricting or stopping the use of the specific service to the publisher, or terminate its contract. If a post is deleted at this time, all posts (responses, comments, etc.) related to the post will also be deleted.
① If it contains contents that violate the laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea
② If the user violate the rights, honor, credit or other legitimate interests of others.
③ Including malicious code or data that may cause malfunction of information communication equipment
④ In case of violation of social public order or morals
⑤ Other instances if an action is viewed as a way to interfere with the progress of The Investor service provided by the company that are similar in nature to items 1 through 4 above
(10) When a company deletes a post in accordance with Section 9, the publisher can appeal against the company and be relieved.
Paragraph 2 Service Use
Article 15 (Types of Services)
The types of services that companies provide to their members are as follows.
① Online Media Service: refers to content provided by the Company through the Internet site (http://www.theinvestor.co.kr) and related supplementary services.
1) News content provision service
2) Free newsletter service
3) Paid contents service (DECODED X, etc.)
4) News Search Service inside The Investor
5) E-commerce related services for paid service payment
6) Advertising and promotional services
② Other services: Other information services such as KOSPI / KOSDAQ index, exchange rate (KRW / USD, KRW / Yuan), Dubai oil price, treasury bonds, contents and event service provided by the company directly or in cooperation with its affiliates.
Article 16 (Utilization of User's Service)
(1) If the user intends to purchases the goods (or services), the seller must accurately check the details of the goods and the conditions of the transactions before purchasing the goods. The buyer is responsible for all losses and damages incurred by purchasing the product without checking the contents of the goods and the conditions of the transaction.
(2) The user is agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions of the Company and the information displayed on the Service Screen, and shall be liable for any loss or damage caused by any breach or failure to comply with the Terms and notices.
(3) The buyer shall not allow any purchased product to be arbitrarily used or tampered with in case of the withdrawal of the subscription to the purchased product. Unauthorized use of the service in the course of the arbitrary use of the product or the withdrawal of the subscription shall be made at reasonable cost.
(4) The buyer shall be faithful to the settlement of disputes in the event of a dispute between the Company and the commodity trading procedure, and shall be liable for any losses or damages incurred.
(5) Buyers must use their own means of payment when purchasing goods, and should not arbitrarily use other payment methods. The buyer is responsible for all losses and damages incurred by the Company, the payment method holder, and the Seller arising from the arbitrary use of others' payment instruments.
(6) The buyer is responsible for all liability and penalties incurred in connection with the information entered by the purchaser in connection with the settlement of the proceeds of the transaction and the information.
(7) The Company may verify that the buyer has the right to use the payment instrument used to make the payment, and may suspend the transaction or cancel the transaction until the confirmation is completed.
(8) The Company shall manage various facilities and data so that the service can be provided safely to the purchaser, and if it is confirmed that the service is being used in accordance with the purpose of use and the purchaser is found to be in violation of the purpose of use, termination of the service can be requested.
(9) In order to enhance the convenience of the purchaser's use of the service, the Company may provide the information or the content for reference by linking or providing information from the affiliate company or by the method provided by the third party.
(10) If the legal representative does not agree with the contract at the time of purchase, the minor or legal representative may cancel the contract. The details of the transaction of the minor shall be as prescribed by the relevant laws and regulations.
Article 17 (Refund / Cancellation)
(1) In accordance with Article 17 of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the purchaser may request cancellation/refund within 7 days of the date of purchase of the goods, and the general matter of cancellation/refund will take precedence over the conditions suggested by the seller. However, the buyer cannot request cancellation/refund for the following cases.
1. If the product has been tampered with due to reasons attributed to the buyer.
2. If the value of the goods is significantly decreased due to the use or consumption of the buyer.
3. If the time of the cancellation/refund requested is later than the time when the value of the product has significantly decreased.
4. If there are reasonable instances where other buyers cannot request a refund or exchange
(2) When the Company receives a cancellation/refund declaration from the buyer, the Company will review the cancellation/refund for any reason for disqualification and promptly notify the buyer of the result
(3) If the buyer's cancellation/refund request is not legitimate, the company may cancel the buyer's notice and notify the buyer.
(4) If the confirmed transaction is canceled and the payment is refunded, the Company will take the necessary action for refund to the purchaser within two business days from the date of the transaction cancellation. If the buyer made a payment by credit card, payment authorization will be canceled as soon as the buyer request a refund.
(5) Refunds for purchases made by credit card payment can be made only by canceling the card payment, and in no case will the cash balance be refunded.
(6) Members can cancel the purchase within 7 days after payment.
(7) Cancellation/refund is not possible after 7 days after payment without any justifiable claim.
(8) In the case of cancellation/refund due to the company's fault, such as issues with the service, the refund amount will be refunded to the refund account specified by the customer, in proportion to the amount of payment for the remaining period and the period where normal use of the service was stymied.
Article 18 (Prohibited Act)
(1) Use of services or access to the system in an abnormal manner is prohibited without following the method of service provided by the Company.
(2) If tampering with the system is confirmed, the Company may take measures such as collecting some or all of the benefits provided to the member, restricting the use of certain services, terminating the use contract
(3) It is prohibited to use the purchasing service provided by the company with unauthorized use of the name, card information, and account information of others.
(4) Repeating purchases and cancellations for the purpose of extending the validity period of the benefits provided by the company and unusual transactions using discount rates provided by the company are prohibited. If the unusual transaction is detected and confirmed, the Company may cancel the transaction, restrict the use of the service, or cancel the contract.
(5) Unfairly using the benefits offered by the Company for the purpose of reselling to third parties (inducing the use of discounts to re-sell paid content acquired on other companies or on the Internet, Etc.) is prohibited. If the transaction is confirmed for resale, the Company may take measures such as restricting the use of the service, termination of the contract of use, etc. Legal compensation may be claimed for damages caused by these acts.
Article 19 (Settlement of Disputes)
(1) The Company shall establish and operate a damage compensation mechanism in order to reflect legitimate opinions and complaints submitted by users to compensate the damage.
(2) The Company shall deal with complaints and opinions submitted by users with priority. However, if a swift processing is difficult, we will promptly notify the user of the reason and the processing schedule.
(3) In the case of an electronic commerce dispute between the Company and a user, if there is an application for damage compensation from the user, the dispute may be subject to arbitration by the Fair Trade Commission of Korea or the city or mayor of the company.
Article 20 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)
(1) Lawsuits related to electronic commerce disputes between the company and the user shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local court having jurisdiction over the place of residence if the address is not available. However, if the address or residence of the user at the time of filing is not clear, or if the user is a foreign resident, he/she shall submit it to the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
(2) The laws of South Korea will be applied to e-commerce litigation filed between the Company and the user.
Article 21 (Exemption from the Company)
(1) If the service is to be temporarily suspended due to Article 12 (2), the company will announce on the initial screen of the site that the service is temporarily unavailable. If damages are unavoidable and are outside of the Company’s abilities, the Company will not be held responsible for the repercussions of the users or the third parties.
(2) If the service is restricted or discontinued due to Article 12 (3), the Company shall not be responsible. The Company shall not be held liable for the occurrence of any disruption in the use of the Service due to the User's failure.
(3) The Company shall not be held responsible for any damage caused by the leakage or provision of personal information by others.
(4) The Company will not intervene in the transactions between the Company (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") and users connected through the links and banners on the service screen of the company and is not responsible for the transaction.
(5) The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, validity, etc. of the goods or information provided by the seller or the third party displayed on the service screen.
(6) The Company shall not be liable for the modification or discontinuation of all or any part of the services or functions under paragraph 1 of Article 22.
Article 22 (Other Provisions)
(1) The Company may, if necessary, temporarily or permanently modify or discontinue any or all of the services or features after they have been notified in advance on the website.
(2) Members may not transfer or dispose of the rights and obligations of these terms to a third party without the written consent of the Company.
(3) The Company shall actively review the various complaints and opinions submitted by the User, and if it is found to be legitimate, promptly process it. If there is any difficulty in processing it promptly, the Company is responsible for contacting its users by email or phone.
Article 1 agreement will be enacted on June 30, 2017.